martes, 29 de noviembre de 2011

For my english-speaking friends. Part 1

Since I've seen in facebook that some people who I met abroad visited this blog, I'm going to write some posts in english from time to time. As a result I'm glad to welcome you to an awesome three mixed languages blog, xxxDDD (Babel Tower like), yay!!

First of all I'm going to write a summary of the other posts in english to let you know what this is about, so here we go!

Background


Probably you are wondering about the title's meaning of this blog. Well, I've thinking for a while (actually years) to go abroad to make my life away from home, in another country. Change the atmosphere that surrounds me, new culture, different language and, moreover, changing the way I think and the way I work.

Since I had been borned I lived always in the same place. One day I began to feel the need to move and discover other societies. I really wanted to travel to know more about other places, so I began going abroad to see with my  eyes how the things were outside my country, even as a tourist.

It's curious to see how people reacts in a journey. Some can't put up with being far from home (home sickness?), they feel alone or even threatened by everything which is unknown for them. On the other hand, others can only feel awesomeness by each new thing they see. Finally, some people are so travel addicts that a simple tourist travel ends up being a new palce to live for quite a few years.

If I should remember only one travel it would be, without any doubt, Australia. We (Ana and I) went there to study english at ELC and to meet new people from all over the world, and we did!! Now anywhere in this planet doesn't seem to be far enough for us. It wasn't a tourism travel, we went there to live for 6 weeks. As I said, the most important purpose was learning english properly in an english speaking environment. As most people from our generation, we've been studying english since we were seven, but being there is completely different.

We stayed in ELC, an english school in Sydney,  for 5 weeks doing "general english". There we met some good people; some of them becoming friends.

Sincerelly, we would be living in Australia now if the budget had been enough to survive some more time there and to find a job. But our fears about the uncertainty beat us; we've a stable job in Barcelona and we hadn't plans if we had stayed there. So we came back home with the idea in our heads (remember the movie "inception"?). It was only a matter of time that this idea grew.

As a result I have a new goal now, study a master degree in the UK for a whole year. In this blog I will tell you how it goes.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario